VMware ESXi 6.7 Update 1 was just released and is available for download. Here some of the new stuff:
- ESXi 6.7 Update 1 enables a precheck when upgrading ESXi hosts by using the software profile commands of the ESXCLI command set to ensure upgrade compatibility.
- ESXi 6.7 Update 1 adds nfnic driver support for Cisco UCS Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE).
- ESXi 6.7 Update 1 adds support for Namespace Globally Unique Identifier (NGUID) in the NVMe driver.
- With ESXi 6.7 Update 1, you can use vSphere vMotion to migrate virtual machines configured with NVIDIA virtual GPU types to other hosts with compatible NVIDIA Tesla GPUs.
Also, vSAN 6.7 Update 1 comes with some new features:
- HBA firmware update through VUM – Storage I/O controller firmware for vSAN hosts is now included as part of the vSphere Update Manager remediation workflow.
- Maintenance mode enhancements – vSAN now performs a simulation of data evacuation to determine if the operation will succeed or fail before it starts.
- TRIM/UNMAP for storage efficiency – vSAN 6.7 Update 1 now has full awareness of TRIM/UNMAP commands sent from the Guest OS, and reclaims previously allocated blocks as free space within the underlying vSAN objects.
You can check the full list of features and enhancements in the Release Notes.